Wir suchen engagierte und qualifizierte Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter für unsere nationale und internationale Arbeit.
Bewerben Sie sich auf unsere aktuellen Stellenangebote unserer DRK-Gliederungen in ganz Deutschland oder auf Stellen im Bereich unserer humanitären Hilfe im Ausland.
Zu den Jobs im Inland
Urban Disaster Preparedness Delegate (m/f/d), Philippines
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises.
The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity,
Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking an Urban Disaster Preparedness Delegate who is responsible for the overall project implementation and respective management of the project “Strengthening of response capacities of the Philippines Red Cross towards Manila Earthquakes”. The project is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office with a duration of 24 months.
Duration: 24 months – (August 1st 2019 until 31st July 2021).
Location: Manila, Philippines
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Comprehensive Project Management of a long-term urban disaster preparedness project;
- Implementation and reporting of the project;
- Coordinate all HR, finance and logistics aspects of the project;
- Financial planning and management of project activities;
- Build up and maintain a good professional relationship with the Philippine Red Cross (PRC) as Host National Society and as Implementing Partner;
- Coordinate with different departments of PRC;
- Ensure close coordination with local stakeholders and local government bodies;
- Coordinate with local and international stakeholders, UN agencies, and relevant actors;
- Encourage, engage and build the capacities of the local staff;
- Ensure that Federal Foreign Office rules and guidelines are met, especially requirements related to reporting, financial accountability and visibility guidelines;
- Development and implementation of an exit strategy with all relevant stakeholders,
- Ensure effective teamwork, coordination and communication within the GRC Philippines Team;
- Monitor relevant donor calls and grant applications in relation to follow-up funding and support the GRC to apply for external funding.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in urban humanitarian or development cooperation (in one or several of the following fields of expertise: Disaster Risk Reduction, Preparedness, Response) in Asia, preferably South/South-East Asia;
- Experience in implementing large scale drills/simulations in urban areas is a strong asset;
- Experience in deploying Emergency field hospitals/Emergency Medical Units is a strong asset;
- Proven experience in coordination with local organisations, local authorities and other stakeholders;
- Working experience with the Red Cross / Crescent Movement is a strong asset
- Experience with FFO funded projects is a plus;
- Health related experience or background is a strong asset;
- Strong project management skills, particularly PCM and participatory methods and profound knowledge and proven experience in M&E;
- Sound reporting, financial management, controlling and monitoring skills
- Oral and written fluency in English, German language is a strong asset;
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build relationships at all levels, taking into account cultural and language differences;
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions';
- Valid Driving Licence.
GRC offers you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC as well as an expatriation allowance during your mission as well as the personal allowance to cover your accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package (health insurance for residence abroad, private accident insurance, private liability insurance, luggage insurance) GRC is as well covering a home flight within a 12-month period of assignment. You will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings and coaching prior as well as during and after your mission. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment.
Please indicate the possible start date of your assignment.
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.de) until July 7th 2019.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2019-077 with your application.
Veröffentlicht am: 12.06.2019