Wir suchen engagierte und qualifizierte Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter für unsere nationale und internationale Arbeit.
Bewerben Sie sich auf unsere aktuellen Stellenangebote unserer DRK-Gliederungen in ganz Deutschland oder auf Stellen im Bereich unserer humanitären Hilfe im Ausland.
Zu den Jobs im Inland
Project Delegate (m/f/d) WASH & Health & Disaster Preparedness, Sudan
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking an experienced Project Delegate (m/f/d) for a WASH / Health / Disaster Preparedness Project in Damazine, Blue Nile, Sudan.
The Project Delegate will be responsible for the set-up, implementation and overall management of the project “Strengthening local disaster preparedness capacity and improving WASH and health situation for vulnerable populations, particularly IDPs in Blue Nile state, Sudan”, which is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office (GFFO). The delegate will work closely with the project team of the Sudanese Red Crescent Society (SRCS), the Host National Society (HNS). The project will be implemented from March 2020 – December 2022 (22 months). The Project Delegate will be based in in Damazine, Blue Nile State.
GRC has a long-standing partnership with SRCS and has implemented a broad variety of humanitarian and development projects, funded by German and European donors. Currently, projects are implemented in Nord Darfur, Eastern Sudan and Blue Nile. Main thematic sectors are Disaster preparedness, WASH, Health as well as Food Security & Livelihoods and emergency assistance. The GRC Head of Office (HoO) is based in Khartoum, at the SRCS HQ, and project delegates are usually based in the project regions, to work alongside the SRCS regional and local branches, project teams and volunteers. The GRC Sudan team receives strong technical support from GRC HQ in Berlin.
Starting date: 01.03.2021
Duration: 22 months
Location: Damazine, Blue Nile, Sudan
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Set-up, overall management and direct implementation of the project in close collaboration with the SRCS project team and in respect of the GRC, SRCS and GFFO guidelines, rules and regulations
- Lead on the technical design and implementation of activities, trainings, and piloting of new approaches
- Ensure all project-related planning, monitoring, evaluation and progress reporting obligations are met, including regular field trips
- Ensure accurate project budgeting, financial management and expenditure tracking (FundsPro Software) according to GRC and donor (GFFO) requirements
- Narrative and financial reporting in compliance with the GRC and the donor policies and regulations
- Procurement including the preparation of comparative bid analysis (CBA) in compliance to GRC, SRCS and donor rules
- Support SRCS in recruiting the project team
- Contribute to capacity building and development of SRCS staff and volunteers
- Link activities with other relevant stakeholders, liaise and maintain working relations with different Government departments, RCRC Movement partners (IFRC, ICRC, Partner National Societies), UN agencies, NGOs and civil society on behalf of GRC
- Ensure GRC, SRCS and donor visibility and present information on the project
Required Competencies & Skills:
- Proven project management skills, particularly Project Cycle Management (PCM) and participatory approaches
- Proven experience in implementing and managing donor-funded projects (GFFO/German donor experience would be an asset)
- Experience in the design and implementation of Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) tools and mechanisms, preferably working with local partners - experience in Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA) approach is an asset
- Strong experience in budgeting, financial management and monitoring
- Staff management skills, with a focus on team building, staff development and capacity building
- Proven reporting skills
- Minimum three years of relevant professional experience in humanitarian and/or development contexts, including missions abroad
- Technical background in the relevant working sectors of WASH, Health, Disaster Preparedness
- Knowledge of Cash-Based Assistance is an asset
- Data collection and relevant IT skills
- Proven experience working with local partners, experience in East Africa is an asset
- Experience in on-the-job capacity building and organisational development
- Experience of working for the Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement is a strong asset
Security/Language/ Personal skills
- Proven experience in working in a difficult and volatile security situation
- Readiness to work in remote areas and uncertain set up
- Readiness to go on assignment without partner
- Oral and written fluency in English is required. Advanced knowledge of German or Arabic language skills are an asset
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to details
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work independently, highly solutions-oriented and as a team member
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions'
- Valid Driving Licence
What we offer you:
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission as well as the accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. You will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings and coaching prior as well as during and after your mission. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment.
Kindly apply by submitting your application via the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.de) until 17.01.2021.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2020–191 with your application.
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz e.V.
Veröffentlicht am: 17.12.2020