Wir suchen engagierte und qualifizierte Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter für unsere nationale und internationale Arbeit.
Bewerben Sie sich auf unsere aktuellen Stellenangebote unserer DRK-Gliederungen in ganz Deutschland oder auf Stellen im Bereich unserer humanitären Hilfe im Ausland.
Zu den Jobs im Inland
Project Delegate (m/f/d) Resilience and Food Security, Somalia
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC has a long-standing good bilateral cooperation with the Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS). In line with the SRCS Strategy Paper for Resilience, launched in 2012, GRC initiated a number of community resilience projects, in partnership with the Host National Society. At present, GRC supports the first phase of a resilience project in Somaliland, one drought response operation as well as emergency response projects tackling the COVID-19 outbreak and the Desert Locust Plague.
GRC is seeking an experienced Project Delegate (m/f/d) Resilience and Food Security to coordinate project activities in close cooperation with the SRCS in Somaliland in the fields of community resilience, disaster risk reduction (DRR) and food security with a strong organizational development component. The position will be based in Hargeisa with frequent visits to the field.
Duration: Starting December 2020 for two years
Place of assignment: Hargeisa, Somaliland, Somalia
The Project Delegate will engage in capacity building activities for the benefit of the SRCS as well as providing technical guidance and support to SRCS in Somaliland in disaster risk reduction and community based integrated programming. To achieve this aim, the Project Delegate will need to establish good working relationships with SRCS counterparts and along with SRCS colleagues to work collaboratively with other stakeholders.
The Project Delegate works as part of the German Red Cross Delegation in East Africa under the direction and guidance of the Regional Head of Office based in Uganda.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure the efficient and effective implementation of the on-going community resilience project including regular monitoring and the collection and analysis of data for indicator based reporting and project controlling and where possible identify new areas of engagement in resilience work;
- Ensure accurate financial project management, including budgeting, monitoring and reporting of expenditures, budget revisions, cash forecasting and other financial processes according to GRC and donor requirements
- Ensure quality and timely narrative and financial reporting in compliance with GRC and donor regulations
- Support organizational development and capacity building of SRCS Somaliland in community resilience DRR and FSL and provide technical support to SRCS staff in the above mentioned fields
- Provide necessary technical and project management guidance in regard to the development of the inception and implementation phase of the new Strengthening Community Resilience project
- Establish good working relationships with SRCS project counterparts and ensure project team cohesiveness and a constructive and trustful working atmosphere
- Implement efficient and effective visibility measures according to GRC and donor guidelines
- Liaise with SRCS Coordination Office in Hargeisa
- Provide analysis of GRC’s cooperation with SRCS and advise the Regional Head of Office on possible adjustments, changes, or new opportunities for cooperation and support in office administration and coordination
- Promote the integration of disaster risk reduction and cross cutting issues such as gender, volunteer management and beneficiary accountability into all projects
- Promote understanding of the principles and ideals of the RC/RC Movement
- Support the identification of new funding opportunities and facilitate and assist SRCS in proposal writing
- Experience in the sectors of DRR, livelihood, food security, preferably in Eastern Africa/ Somalia
- University degree in a relevant field
- Strong project management skills with a minimum of five years of experience working in relief, rehabilitation & development in an international role
- Significant experience in organizational development/capacity strengthening
- Proven experience in developing and executing effective monitoring and evaluation
- Experience with the RC/RC Movement is a strong asset
- Experience to develop proposals and manage complex grants from institutional donors, including German Government and EU/ECHO is an asset
- Diplomatic skills to coordinate and cooperate with a Host National Society, local organizations, local authorities and other stakeholders
- Proactive personality with leadership skills and experience in managing, coaching and supporting staff
- Skills in negotiation, advocacy and mainstreaming new concepts and approaches
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments, and high intercultural sensitivity
- Oral and written fluency in English, knowledge of German is of advantage
- Readiness to go on assignment without partner and ability to live under strict security regulations
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions'
- Valid Driving License
Please note that conclusion of contract is subject to final approval of the donor.
What we offer you:
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission and covering the accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment and last but not least a comprehensive training package as well as briefings prior, during and after your mission will complete your employment.
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.de) until 30.09.2020.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2020-096 with your application.
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz e.V.
Veröffentlicht am: 14.09.2020