Wir suchen engagierte und qualifizierte Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter für unsere nationale und internationale Arbeit.
Bewerben Sie sich auf unsere aktuellen Stellenangebote unserer DRK-Gliederungen in ganz Deutschland oder auf Stellen im Bereich unserer humanitären Hilfe im Ausland.
Zu den Jobs im Inland
Project Delegate (m/f/d) Food Security & Livelihoods, Sudan
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking an experienced Project Delegate (m/f/d) for a Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL) Project in Girba/Kassala, Sudan.
The Project Delegate will be responsible for the overall implementation and management of the project “Livelihood and food security of refugees in camps with reduced humanitarian aid and of the host communities in Girba/Kassala, East Sudan”, which is funded through the Transitional Development Assistance (TDA) instrument of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The delegate will work closely with the project team of the Sudanese Red Crescent Society (SRCS), the Host National Society (HNS). The project has started in 2018 and should be extended for 2 years. The position is dependent on funding availability.
GRC has a long-standing partnership with SRCS and has implemented a broad variety of humanitarian and development projects, funded by German and European donors. Currently, projects are implemented in Nord Darfur, Eastern Sudan and Blue Nile. Main thematic sectors next to FSL are Disaster preparedness, WASH, Health as well as emergency assistance. The GRC Head of Office (HoO) is based in Khartoum, at the SRCS HQ, and project delegates are usually based in the project regions, to work alongside the SRCS regional and local branches, project teams and volunteers. The GRC Sudan team receives strong technical support from GRC HQ in Berlin.
Starting date: 01.03.2021
Duration: 12 months (with the possibility of extension)
Location: Girba / Kassala, Sudan
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Overall management and direct implementation of the Food Security and Livelihoods Project in Girba, Kassala in close collaboration with the SRCS project team and in respect of the GRC, SRCS and BMZ guidelines, rules and regulations
- Implementation of the grant agreement in mutual cooperation with SRCS
- Ensure all project-related planning, monitoring, evaluation and progress reporting obligations are met, including regular field trips
- Ensure accurate project budgeting, financial management and expenditure tracking (FundsPro Software) according to GRC and donor (BMZ) requirements
- Lead on the technical design and implementation of activities, trainings, and piloting of new approaches
- Ensure quality, timely narrative and financial reporting in compliance with the GRC and the donor policies and regulations
- Procurement including the preparation of comparative bid analysis (CBA) in compliance to GRC, SRCS and donor rules
- Contribute to capacity building and development of SRCS staff and volunteers
- Link activities with other relevant stakeholders, liaise and maintain working relations with different Government departments, RCRC Movement partners (IFRC, ICRC, Partner National Societies), UN agencies, NGOs and civil society on behalf of GRC
- Ensure GRC, SRCS and donor visibility and present information on the project
Required Competencies & Skills:
- Proven project management skills, particularly Project Cycle Management (PCM) and participatory approaches
- Proven experience in implementing and managing donor-funded projects (BMZ experience would be an asset)
- Experience in the design and implementation of Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) tools and mechanisms, preferably working with local partners - experience in Community Engagement and Accountability (CEA) approach is an asset
- Strong experience in budgeting, financial management and monitoring
- Staff management skills, with a focus on team building, staff development and capacity building
- Proven reporting skills
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in humanitarian and/or development contexts, including missions abroad
- Technical background in the relevant working sectors (Foods Security, Livelihoods), preferably in East Africa
- Knowledge of Market-based approaches, Cash-Based Assistance as well as Climate Change Adaption (CCA) is an asset
- Data collection and relevant IT skills
- Proven experience working with local partners, experience in East Africa is an asset
- Experience in on-the-job capacity building and organisational development
- Experience of working for the Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement is a strong asset
Security/Language/ Personal skills
- Readiness to work in remote areas
- Readiness to go on assignment without partner
- Oral and written fluency in English is required. German or Arabic language skills are an asset
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to details
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work independently, highly solutions-oriented and as a team member
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions'
- Valid Driving Licence
What we offer you:
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission as well as the accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. You will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings and coaching prior as well as during and after your mission. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment.
Kindly apply by submitting your application via the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.de) until 17.01.2021.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2020–190 with your application.
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz e.V.
Veröffentlicht am: 17.12.2020