Wir suchen engagierte und qualifizierte Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter für unsere nationale und internationale Arbeit.
Bewerben Sie sich auf unsere aktuellen Stellenangebote unserer DRK-Gliederungen in ganz Deutschland oder auf Stellen im Bereich unserer humanitären Hilfe im Ausland.
DRK Stellenangebote im Inland
Die DRK Stellenbörse ist umgezogen! Sie finden nun alle aktuell offenen DRK Jobs und Stellenangebote unserer DRK-Gliederungen in Deutschland auf dem neuen Karriereportal des DRK:
Stellenangebote - Juni
Project Delegate (m/f/d) Food Security and Livelihood (FSL), Juba, South Sudan
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects internationally on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking a Project Delegate (m/f/d) to support the implementation of a project funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) with our partner, the South Sudanese Red Cross (SSRC). The project has a focus on creating livelihood opportunities, increasing food security and promoting communal social cohesion. The delegate is expected to provide technical support in the implementation of livelihood strategies to increase community resilience. The project locations are across four counties in Western Equatoria. GRC has only recently re-opened offices in South Sudan. The FSL delegate is part of a small team, headed by the Country Representative, also based in Juba. The position is subject to the final grant approval by the donor.
Duration: 01.09.2021 for 12 months (extension is possible)
Location: Juba, South Sudan (with regular field trips to project areas in Western Equatoria)
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Ensure project implementation in close collaboration with SSRC project team and in line with GRC, SSRC and BMZ guidelines, rules and regulations;
- Support the SSRC project team establishing activity workplans, indicator-based monitoring plans, etc;
- Provide technical support to SSRC staff in the field of FSL and social cohesion;
- Ensure accurate project budgeting, financial management and expenditure tracking according to GRC and donor regulations;
- Narrative and financial reporting;
- Ensure visibility and information sharing on the project with all stakeholders, including project beneficiaries, partners and local authorities as well as the donor;
- Support funding concept notes and drafting of project proposals as required;
- Contribute to a conducive work environment.
- At least 3 years of experience in management of FSL projects in an emergency, recovery and development context (preferably in economic and financial inclusion: vocational and technical education, entrepreneurship, microfinance, etc).
- Strong analytical skills, with proven experience in assessing livelihoods and food/economic security in an emergency (relief/recovery) context, as well as mainstreaming new concepts and approaches;
- Proven capacity in operational and structural planning of livelihood-focused development programmes;
- Experience with conflict-sensitive approaches and/or community-based social cohesion/peacebuilding activities;
- Experience in training local staff and community volunteers, and provide technical support;
- Experience in designing with a community-centred approach in mind and communication that enhance accountability to beneficiaries (community engagement and accountability);
- Proven ability to strengthen cooperation and collaboration of multiple stakeholders, including aid agencies, government authorities, NGOs, and the private sector;
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to build relationships at all levels, taking into account cultural and language differences;
- Experience in establishing and following monitoring systems to track progress of implementation and results
- Relevant project management experience: designing, planning, implementing, monitoring and financial management, narrative and financial reporting;Experience in working with Red Cross / Red Crescent Societies is a strong asset;
- Oral and written fluency in English; knowledge of German would be an asset;
- Excellent computer skills (spreadsheets, word-processing, databases and other programs);
- Readiness to travel to and work in remote areas essential. Experience of living and working in insecure and conflict-affected environments is an asset;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles;
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions';
- Valid Driving Licence.
The GRC offers you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC as well as an expatriation allowance during your mission. This is a non-family posting. Accommodation will be covered. In addition to a full insurance package (health insurance for residence abroad, private accident insurance, private liability insurance, luggage insurance). The GRC is as well covering a home flight within a 12-month period of assignment, medical check-ups before and after your mission. The briefings in HQ Berlin include Psycho-Social-Support coaching.
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.de) until 28th of July 2021.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2021-075 with your application.
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz e.V.
Veröffentlicht am: 14.07.2021