Wir suchen engagierte und qualifizierte Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter für unsere nationale und internationale Arbeit.
Bewerben Sie sich auf unsere aktuellen Stellenangebote unserer DRK-Gliederungen in ganz Deutschland oder auf Stellen im Bereich unserer humanitären Hilfe im Ausland.
Zu den Jobs im Inland
National Society Development (NSD) Support Delegate (m/f/d) for the Libyan Red Crescent Society (Tunis/Benghazi)
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises.
The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity,
Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation, and capacity building projects internationally on appeals of their sister organizations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking a NSD support delegate (m/f/d) to support the Libyan Red Crescent Society (LRCS) organizational and operational development process. The delegate will work within the ICRC delegation for Libya currently based in Tunis. The delegate will be part of the cooperation team composed of two other NSD delegates (Safer Access Framework and Finance development).
Starting Date: 04.01.2021
Duration: 12 months (with possible extension)
Location: Tunis, Tunisian Republic. Depending on the security situation required to conduct visits to and/or residency in Libya. Non-Family posting.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The delegate will support the LRCS management in the assessment and implementation of NSD initiatives.
The delegate will provide technical support and advice in collaboration with the IFRC and partner National Societies as required, with a view to strengthening the capacities listed below, taking into consideration the Organizational Capacity Assessment and Certification of National Societies (OCAC) and Safer Access Framework (SAF) assessment findings. The delegate will ensure that the ownership of the process stays with the management of LRCS and provide or organize external support.
Finance management (support to and organizational development of LRCS)
- Support and coordinate closely with the finance development delegate the development and implementation of financial policies, and procedures
Human Resources (HR) (support to and organizational development of LRCS)
- Ongoing assessment of HR management
- Review of the existing policies, application and possible improvements thereof
- Development of additional needed policies
Logistics management (support to and organizational development of LRCS)
- In close coordination with the ICRC logistics department, work towards the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures related to logistics management and stock management
- Assist LRCS HQ and branches in liaison with the National society’s strategic objectives in the development of a strategic plan for volunteer development, as well as development of volunteers’ capacities and engagement on branch-level, in support and coordination with the IFRC and involved partner National Societies
- Enhancement of the communication links between the National Headquarters and the branches as relates to all management aspects, especially branch functioning and volunteer management
Internal & external communication and support to NSD coordination
- Assist LRCS in coordinating and communicating with their Red Cross / Red Crescent partners, for example by organizing and managing partnership meetings
- Support LRCS in setting up and implementing a Movement NSD platform and support plan
- Act as GRC representative and spokesperson when required
Support to the development of LRCS health services
- Follow up and support to the development of LRCS health services
- Coordinate with ICRC health department and GRC technical support in health service provision
- Ensure and monitor that GRC’s country strategy and programme responds to LRCS’s strategic priorities and is closely coordinated, aligned and harmonised with support by other Red Cross / Red Crescent movement partners
- Overall project management of the GRC-funded project(s), implemented by LRCS
- Preparation of donor reports (financial and narrative)
Required Technical skills:
- At least seven years of experience in international cooperation, including substantial experience working in humanitarian crisis contexts
- Technical expertise in Organizational Development and capacity building of local organizations
- Experience in operational management of humanitarian projects at field level
- Excellent communication skills, problem-solving skills and intercultural sensitivity, diplomacy and facilitation skills
- Previous experience of working for the Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement
- Willingness to work in a complex, insecure and dynamic environment
- Awareness and acceptance of the risks associated with this mission
- Oral and written fluency in English and Arabic
- French would be an asset
- Manual driving license, with regular and good practice
Required Personal skills
Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Adherence to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments
- Excellent physical and mental health with the ability to complete a thorough medical screening process
- Committed to prevent and combat any occurrence of bullying, intimidation, harassment, abuse and exploitation, including of sexual nature, in the workplace and with regards to recipients of aid
Kindly apply by submitting your application via the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.de) until 01.11.2020.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2020 – 045 with your application.
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz e.V.
Veröffentlicht am: 08.10.2020