Wir suchen engagierte und qualifizierte Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter für unsere nationale und internationale Arbeit.
Bewerben Sie sich auf unsere aktuellen Stellenangebote unserer DRK-Gliederungen in ganz Deutschland oder auf Stellen im Bereich unserer humanitären Hilfe im Ausland.
Zu den Jobs im Inland
Logistics Coordinator (m/f/d) Syria
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
To coordinate GRC project activities in close cooperation with the Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC), GRC is currently seeking an experienced Logistics Coordinator (m/f/d) for Syria.
In 2021, the Syria Crisis enters its eleventh year. Approximately 13.1 million people are still in need for permanent humanitarian assistance. While the crisis is still on-going and life-saving activities constitute a vital part of the humanitarian response, the complexities of implementation are increasing, the needs of most vulnerable families further manifest and diversify.
The Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) was founded in 1942 and consists of 14 branches with more than 12,000 staff and volunteers across the country. SARC continues to be one of the main providers of humanitarian assistance reaching more than 5.5 Million people with food, essential household items, medical assistance, and providing water and sanitation assistance. SARC volunteers have shown exceptional dedication and courage throughout the crisis and continue doing so.
Duration: 01.03.2021 – 28.02.2022, 12 months (with possible extension)
Location: Damascus/Syria. Field visits in the country whenever the security situation allows
The delegate will:
- Support SARC in creating a functional, fit for purpose and sustainable national / regional / local logistics set-up, with a focus on warehouse and fleet management
- Consult IFRC and RCRC movement partners to ensure efficient and timely delivery of logistics services
- Provide support in tracking the incoming goods of multilateral and/or bilateral contributions through the IFRC/PNSs pipelines, to ensure timely customs clearance and receipt into SARC warehouses and reverse reporting of items received in good order. Support SARC on processing the incoming goods of bilateral contributions managed by the National Society.
- Support in maintaining and/or elaborating and setting up a possible new country wide warehousing system, considering the changing humanitarian and funding situation, and with that contributing to a longer-term logistics strategy/set up for SARC. Produce a strategic vision and work plans together with SARC, that allow sustainable logistical infrastructure while maintaining it fit for purpose.
- Provide support to SARC in planning, organizing and maintaining the stock management system - in compliance with international logistics standards and procedures - to minimize losses in any stores and/or warehouses containing stocks; support in ensuring SARC’s reports on IFRC/PNSs stocks.
- Support (through SARC’s Transport and Movement unit) in elaborating and setting up a SARC Fleet Management System.
- Ensure that the necessary information related to transport/fleet management is effectively shared and communicated in the Fleet Management System.
- Coordinate with the SARC’s procurement team and IFRC’s Supply Chain Delegate, as well as other logisticians on the ground, to assure a smooth implementation of standard procurement procedures and practices as per SARC’s Procurement Manual procedures, to further enhance the timely delivery of SARC procurement services.
- Provide guidance and training to SARC staff and volunteers to ensure the necessary capability and understanding exists to ensure best practices and compliance with necessary regulations, legislation and procedures. Moreover, offer and provide on-the-job training and coaching to SARC logistics staff wherever requested/needed.
- Support SARC in ensuring professional and effective representation in relevant networks (Logistics Cluster, other fora) in Syria, as well as providing support in coordination, where appropriate, with Movement partners (IFRC, ICRC, PNSs).
- Manage dedicated resources effectively within set budgets, timelines and donor requirements, and contribute with input advising on utilization of pledges in coordination with SARC, IFRC and/or PNSs
- Provide logistics reports for the line management .
- Minimum seven years’ experience in logistics within the field of supply chain management including procurement, tendering, contracting, clearance, transport, and warehousing, as well as fleet management, asset management, and distribution support, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with international freight forwarding, import, export and customs clearance processes
- Proven experience in leading and managing logistics in a humanitarian organization; experience of working with a Red Cross/Crescent Society and/or IFRC in logistics is a clear asset
- Experience with donor specific procedures, including relevant requirements linked CTM / sanctions and overall due diligence
- Experience managing budgets and preparing timely, complete and accurate reports
- Previous working experience in the MENA region is an asset.
- Profound understanding of ‘localisation’ and partnership work;
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills;
- Proven experience in working with local partner organisations and contributing to strategic decisions and discussions.
Security/Language/ Personal skills
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent and the German Red Cross Code of Conduct;
- Experience in working in a difficult and volatile security situation; ability to live and work for long periods under severely restricted conditions within a conflict-affected environment (unaccompanied posting);
- Oral and written fluency in English is required. Advanced knowledge of German or Arabic is an asset;
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions';
- Ability to work independently, highly results-oriented and as a team member;
- Committed to prevent and combat any occurrence of bullying, intimidation, harassment, abuse and exploitation, including of sexual nature, in the workplace and with regards to recipients of aid;
- Valid International Driving Licence;
What we offer you:
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural regional team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission as well as the accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package GRC is covering one home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. You will have 6 weeks annual leave in addition to regular R&R. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment. A comprehensive training package as well as briefings prior, during and after your mission will complete your employment.
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.de) until 17.01.2021.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2020-192 with your application.
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz
Veröffentlicht am: 21.12.2020