Wir suchen engagierte und qualifizierte Mitarbeiterinnen und Mitarbeiter für unsere nationale und internationale Arbeit.
Bewerben Sie sich auf unsere aktuellen Stellenangebote unserer DRK-Gliederungen in ganz Deutschland oder auf Stellen im Bereich unserer humanitären Hilfe im Ausland.
Zu den Jobs im Inland
Head of Office (m/f/d) Middle East & North Africa (MENA), Beirut / Lebanon
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises.
The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects internationally on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking a Head of Office (m/f/d) MENA based in Beirut, Lebanon
Duration: 12 months (with an option for extension)
Location: Beirut / Lebanon
Objectives of the Mission are:
- Strengthen the GRC partnership approach in the GRC operational context in the MENA region through advising and supporting the respective Head of Offices (HoO) in their work with the Host National Societies and relevant movement partners;
- Assure efficient and effective management of GRC resources in the MENA office Beirut;
- Contribute to a clear and sharpened profile of GRC in the MENA region by further developing a strategic framework for the GRC in MENA including an analysis of the donor landscape and funding opportunities;
- Represent GRC vis-à-vis all relevant movement components on the regional level (including ICRC, IFRC, and other PNS) and in close coordination with the respective HoO maintain good relations with donors (EU, Foreign Office etc), potential partners (German development organisations, NGOs, IOs) as well as media representatives.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Manage the MENA office in Beirut, including line management for international staff based in Lebanon, security, fixed assets, financial assets and other resources in accordance with GRC procedures and regulations;
- Provide strategic guidance to the development and composition of the GRC portfolio in MENA and contribute to the strategic processes of the organisation;
- Support the respective GRC HoOs to build and maintain a co-operative working relationship with the Host National Societies and other movement partners ;
- Explore possibilities for partnerships within the Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement and with external partners, including networking, cooperation, collaboration, and technical advice;
- Support the HoO in the respective MENA countries to implement a vision for the further engagement in these countries;
- Strengthen and further develop quality management and services provided by the MENA office in Beirut;
- Report to headquarters (HQ) on all relevant strategic issues and take headquarter guidance on strategic processes;
- Enhance GRC’s profile in the public debate on humanitarian issues by identifying relevant topics in coordination with the field offices and HQ. Coordination / Representation with relevant regional structures of other RCRC institutions and partners (ICRC/IFRC) as well relevant technical and political networks;
- Security management;
- Support to identify new funding opportunities;
- Representation of GRC's portfolio in the MENA region.
- At least 10 years of experience in the field of emergency relief, recovery and development projects; preferably in the region;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong diplomatic skills;
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills;
- Proven Experience in managing a team of expatriate and local staff;
- Previous experience of working for the Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement is a strong asset;
- Solid programmatic, financial and organisational planning skills
- Experience in working with different donors (German Ministries, ECHO, DEVCO etc.);
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles;
- Oral and written fluency in English, any additional language (especially German and/or Arabic and/or French) is of advantage;
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments;
- Willingness to travel in the region frequently;
- Being flexible and pragmatic;
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions';
- Valid Driving Licence.
GRC offers you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC as well as an expatriation allowance during your mission. We provide a personal allowance to cover your accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package (health insurance for residence abroad, private accident insurance, private liability insurance, luggage insurance) GRC is as well covering a home flight withing a 12-month period of assignment and medical check-ups before and after your mission. Before your assignment you will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings and coaching prior as well as during and after your mission. This position is an accompanied post.
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.de) until 26.08.2019.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2019 -106 with your application.
Further information on our recruiting procedure can be found on our homepage
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz e.V.
- Generalsekretariat -
Team Justitiariat und Personal
- SG Personal -