Get involved. Join the German Red Cross as a delegate on an international humanitarian mission.
Project Delegate (m/f/d), Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
The GRC is currently seeking a Project Delegate to implement the cross-national project “Strengthening the resilience of host communities, refugees and displaced population through Disaster Risk Management and Livelihood intervention, and strengthening the Response capacities of the National Societies in Bangladesh and Myanmar” funded by the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The project aims to improve the living conditions in Cox’s Bazar and Rakhine and to strengthen the resilience of refugees and host communities against natural disasters. It is implemented together with the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) and the Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS).
Duration: starting in October 2019 for an initial period of 12 months with possible extension
Location: GRC Field Office Cox´s Bazar, Bangladesh, with frequent travel to Myanmar
Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Ensure the implementation of the project in accordance with approved plans and budgets, including assessments, monitoring, financial controlling and reporting;
• Reporting according to GRC and donor and GRC requirements;
• Supervise, guide and support the local project team and facilitate knowledge sharing between the project teams in both countries;
• Coordination with all relevant project partners/stakeholders (BDRCS, MRCS, IFRC, other RCRC partners, ISCG/Cluster system, local authorities);
• Support the GRC Programme Coordinators in Bangladesh and Myanmar in the preparation of project proposals, and other activities of GRC (e.g. media/press activities; reporting) upon request.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in the management of relief and/or recovery programs and development cooperation projects;
• University degree in a relevant field;
• Working experience abroad, preferably in Asia;
• Working experience with the Red Cross / Crescent Movement;
• Strong project management skills, particularly PCM and participatory methods and profound knowledge and proven experience in reporting and M&E;
• Working experience with BMZ projects would be an asset;
• Technical skills for implementing an integrated project, including the following sectors: Livelihood, DRR, Cash grants;
• Sound financial management, controlling and monitoring skills;
• Knowledge of Red Cross / Red Crescent principles with willingness to adhere to them;
• Fluent oral and written English; German would be an asset;
• Readiness to work in remote areas and to go on assignment without partner;
• Good interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build relationships at all levels, taking into account cultural and language differences;
• Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions';
• Valid driving licence.
What we offer:
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC and an expatriation allowance during your mission. The GRC will cover your accommodation in Cox’s Bazar. In addition to a full insurance package the GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. You will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings and coaching prior as well as during and after your mission. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment.
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.de) until 15.09.2019.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2019-113 with your application.
Further information on our recruiting procedure can be found on our homepage https://www.drk.de/en/be-involved/international-vacancies/
Team Justitiariat und Personal
- SG Personal -