Before applying, interested applicants are strongly encouraged to review the following:
- Delegate Self Assessment
- Professional Qualifications and Requirements
- Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles
All applicants interested in being considered for overseas work must create an applicant profile with the German Red Cross.
Applicants can apply directly for a Specific Vacancy Announcement, or submit a General Application.
Applicants interested in working overseas with the German Red Cross can apply directly through our online system DRK HRnet. The DRK HRnet allows applicants to create a personal profile that will allow to apply for current positions or new opportunities as they become available. Once a profile is created, applicants can add or update information and apply for vacancies that match skill-sets.
Once a applicant has created an account, it is his/her responsibility to keep it up to date and as accurate as possible. This is the opportunity to highlight strengths and experiences, and show us why his/her application would make a great addition to the German Red Cross team. The International HR Department and the International Co-operations and Disaster Management team can only assess the information that is provided so it is important to be as thorough as possible.
Interested applicants will be contacted when new vacancies have been posted that match his/her area of expertise. Applications that do not meet the Minimum Requirements may not be selected for further screening.
The DRK HRnet also allows applicants to monitor the status of their application(s), and follow the recruitment process electronically. Please note that due to the large volume of applications, the International HR team is unable to provide feedback to every applicant. Only those applicants that are under consideration will be contacted.
Our recruitment process for international opportunities can take many forms.
We recruit experienced professionals for our international missions. International staff – delegates – work directly on German Red Cross programs or are seconded to work for the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) when suitable positions arise.
- Interested applicants are encouraged to view the Delegate Self Assessment, Minimum Requirements, and the Fundamental Principles, to ensure they want to pursue an international mission with the German Red Cross.
- Interested applicants must create an applicant profile with DRK HRnet in order to be considered for overseas opportunities with the German Red Cross.
- After creating your applicant profile with DRK HRnet, you will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received. Please update your profile on a regular basis to ensure your application is accurate.
- The DRK HRnet also allows applicants to monitor the status of your applications by logging in to your applicant profile and viewing 'status of your application'. This will allow you to follow the recruitment process electronically and know where your application is at all times.
- If your application is successfully screened, you may be contacted for an interview or for further discussion on your application.
- Additional screening will be conducted before an applicant is selected for overseas work with the German Red Cross.
- The recruitment process varies depending on the nature of the international mission and the urgency of the recruitment.
Thank you for your interest in working with the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. We wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.